Plant Based Buddha Bowl Recipe
- 3-4 cups of Greens of Choice (spinach, kale, romaine, etc.)
- 1 handful of Sprouts
- 1/4 or 1/2 of one small Avocado
- 1/2 cup of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 package of Medium-Firm non-GMO Tofu (see directions below)
- 1/4 cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of Cucumbers (diced)
- 2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of Hummus
- Drizzle of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper
** I recommend cooking a large batch of Quinoa prior to making this recipe, as well as having a couple of cans of Chickpeas or other Legumes on hand.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Celsius. Slice tofu into thin rectangles, line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray generously with non-stick Coconut Oil spray, line tofu on baking sheet. Let cook in oven until crispy, roughly 10-20 minutes (flip halfway through).
- Once tofu is done cooking, arrange all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve cold.
Why do I love these ingredients?
Chickpeas, Tofu and Quinoa: Excellent plant-based sources of protein. When combined, they provide a wide range of all the essential amino-acids. Legumes are also a strong source of fiber.
Greens, Sprouts, Cucumber and Tomatoes: Healthy fiber, micro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Hydrating, filling and essential towards achieving optimal health and well-being.
Olive Oil, Hummus, Pumpkin Seeds, Avocado: Source of healthy plant-based fats which are essential for brain function, as well as hair, skin and reproductive health.
Wishing you above all Health & Happiness