Happy Food Friday, everyone!
I am super excited about these cookies.. like super super excited! They are so full of protein, fiber and healthy fats that they are practically every nutrition-lovers dream cookie.
I hope that you all don’t mind all of these no-bake cookie recipes too terribly, I mean, they are healthy cookies after all. Also, taking into account that they are Paleo, Gluten Free, and can be made Vegan, it doesn’t get much better than that.
High Protein Coconut Cookie Bites
Makes 12 bites
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Protein Powder of your choice (I highly recommend using a stevia-sweetened one)
- Up to 1/4 cup Liquid of your choice (I used pasteurized liquid egg whites, but you could easily use a nut-milk here for slightly less protein)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (Or almond, sunflower, coconut, pumpkin butter, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons dried Goji Berries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Begin by measuring out your protein powder, cinammon and coconut flour, placing them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, add your nut butter, chia seeds, gojis, vanilla extract into the bowl, and mix very thoroughly to combine the ingredients together, using a spatula.
- Add your liquid of choice last, using as much as you need in order to reach a cookie-dough consistency once thoroughly combined.
- Roll out tablespoon-sized bites onto a piece of parchment paper and store in the fridge for optimum consistency and freshness. **Due to the sticky nature of the bites, you could also roll them in shredded coconut before chilling.
Why do I love these ingredients?
- Coconut Flour is a rich source of plant-based protein and fiber, making it an ideal blood sugar friendly flour alternative
- Protein Powder makes a great alternative to white flour, as it has a great consistency yet packs a hunger-satiating punch as well as muscle-loving qualities
- Goji Berries are rich in vital antioxidants and vitamins due to their vivid colouring
- Chia Seeds provide both soluble and insoluble fiber, as well as protein and healthy fats to keep you full
Wishing you above all Health & Happiness