Now, let me get one thing straight to begin this post; toast is definitely not a boring breakfast, if done the right way. And this post? There are 4 right ways (plus countless others) to make your toasty breakfast a shining (and nutritional) success.
For those of you (like me) who enjoy a sweet breakfast, I’ve got you covered, as well as for those whose tastebuds fall on the opposite end of the spectrum. My favourite bread to use for toast (or anything) is preferably Sprouted, made with Organic Whole Grains to ensure that it comes from the purest wheat, and is more easily digested, all while providing a fiber-packed punch that leaves you full, energized and ready to take on your day. Ready to come along for the ride with me?
The Classic PB & J
- 1 slice of Silver Hills (or your choice) Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Nut Butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup frozen berries, thawed and mashed together with 1-2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds (and maybe a pinch of Stevia or Maple Syrup to sweeten)
Defrost your berries, mash them with chia seeds and set aside to thicken and turn into “jam” (I recommend doing this the night before). Now all you have to do is toast, spread & serve!
Huevos on Toast
- 1 slice of Sprouted Whole Grain Bread
- 2 eggs, scrambled (or 1 egg and 1 egg white)
- 2 Tablespoons Canned Black Beans
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Organic Butter, Ghee, Coconut Oil, etc. (for buttering your bread)
- 2 slices of Sprouted Bread
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons Nut Butter of your choice
- 1/2 Tablespoon (to taste) of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Ripe Banana, sliced into coins
Lightly spray a frying pan with coconut oil spray, or oil lightly with coconut oil. Start by grilling each slice of bread in the pan, once slightly browned, remove and set on a plate. Top each slice with nut butter, then one slice with maple syrup and banana coins. Place both slices together, and set back on the pan, placing a lid on top for roughly 1-2 minutes to melt everything together. Remove from pan & serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
Avocado & Goat Cheese Toast
- 1 slice of Sprouted Grain Bread
- 1/4 ripe avocado, mashed with salt, pepper and lemon juice (to taste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Goats Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 ripe Roma Tomato, or several Cherry Tomatoes, sliced into rounds
Mash, season, toast, spread & serve with a smile!
Wishing you above all Health & Happiness