It’s Monday.. You’re on Mindfully Miranda.. and that means we’ve got a Mindful Meatless Monday Blog Post today, that involves Mushrooms, which I made for this weeks Meal Prep. I can’t get over how much I play on the fact that my first initial is M, seriously, I’m aware, maybe its a bit excessive, but it’s all I’ve got to work with right now. 😉
Anyways, the other night I was in the mood for something a bit spicy, a bit different than my normal meals (which is weird because.. these are tacos, for whatever reason I don’t often make them for myself), so I decided to throw some things into a pan and see what happened. Usually, these are the kind of recipes that work the best. And I always make them again to ensure my measurements are correct (cuz I sure as hell eyeball most of everything, haha). Granted, these babies are absolutely fabulous for your next Meatless Monday, Meal Prep, or for a Thursday night, I won’t judge. Let’s get into it!
- Package of Mushrooms, chopped roughly (see below picture for g/oz amount)
- 1/4 c. Crushed Canned Organic Tomatoes / Tomato Purée (Optional)
- 1/2 c. No Sodium Canned Black Beans
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Yellow Onion
- 1/4 of a Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic salt, chili powder
- Sprinkle of Cumin & Seasoning Salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Water
- Place all the above ingredients together in a large Ceramic Frying Pan (if using non-ceramic, add 1 T. olive or coconut oil) and place on Medium-High heat. Cook until all water is absorbed, mushrooms are tender and peppers are soft. Roughly 10 minutes cook time in total.
- Serve with fresh avocado
- slices on romaine lettuce-wraps or whole-wheat tortillas. Enjoy!
1 pan!? 10 minutes!? This is life changing, a breakthrough, and a must-make for anyone looking for a nutritious plant-based meal that has a great kick. I mean, look at those #aesthetic lettuce wraps – healthy AF.
I can’t get over this recipe, it’s flavorful, easy to make, and made with whole, clean ingredients, all unprocessed. The stuff Mother Nature (and I) love. Do yourself a favor and try them out 😉 Also, Happy Leap Year Day! What did you all do with your extra day? Hope it was something magical.
Wishing you above all Health & Happiness